abuseofreason: (wink wink nudge nudge)
[personal profile] abuseofreason
THINGS I AM TOTALLY NOT WRITING (TOTALLY)
  • An Inception Highlander AU, because if there can be only one of something right now, it should probably be the Vampire Academy verse, or maybe The Piratething.
  • The one where Arthur's a forger, blah blah blah meta about forging and emotions and basically, this one has a lot of feelings and no porn.
  • An Inception/Glee crossover, where Arthur is Blaine's older brother, but if I had written any of it (which I totally haven't, what are you talking about, stop looking at me like that), the first 1200 words definitely aren't, I mean, wouldn't be, Kurt mocking Eames's outfit when they meet.
  • The Glee one where Kurt's the subbiest sub to ever sub and Blaine loves him, and there is self-discovery and acceptance and the kind of mistakes you learn from, but don't ruin your life over.
  • Anything Kradam, ever again at this rate. Sadly, this includes the Dragonriders of Pern AU that I wrote for the AI kinkmeme, way back. Still have no idea where I was going with that fic.
  • The one where Arthur is secretly a fanatical wildlife conservatist and Eames is totally in love with him and hides it very badly, and they go to a forest for a reason I haven't come up with and then this happens...

    Naturally, Eames is all, it's boxing my ears, why is it boxing my ears?? I think it's trying to MATE with my NECK, Arthur, darling, could you please get this monster OFF ME? And Arthur is strangely, totally charmed by this silly bird trying to do naughty things to Eames, and finally Eames loses his temper and chucks the bird a few feet. And it's okay! The bird is okay, but Arthur is terribly grumpy for the rest of the day and gives Eames the silent treatment, which is a cruel thing to do to a man who has RARE PARROT MOLESTATION CUTS on the back of his NECK, on his NECK, Arthur, were you even paying attention, and they sting, and are quite possibly infected, don't you see what I put myself through for you? And eventually, Arthur disinfects Eames's cuts while Eames whines like a baby about it and then there is probably porn and definitely snuggling.
  • What was I talking about?

    THINGS I AM ACTUALLY WRITING, NO, FOR REAL
  • The Piratething, which is requiring way more research than I had in any way anticipated. Once I finally get to the actual writing (instead of just doing research and making long outlines that include the occasional burst of capitals which say something like, "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, WHO KNOWS, NOT ME, ASK SOMEONE ELSE"), I guarantee that I will not include 0.00001% of the research I do, even though it all seems terribly necessary right now. This fic is ambitious, who knows when or if it will see the light of day. I'm trying, though, and it's exciting to have some kind of outside-of-work goal that is actually attainable if I'm willing to put in the work required.
  • The Vampire Academy AU with [livejournal.com profile] butterflythread, though technically we're only writing snippets. So far, we've only posted a scene each, which are in residence at her journal, but I am so stoked on it all. Partly for totally selfish reasons (Nellie! Writing vampires and guardian BAMFery! With me!), partly because it's nice (and shocking) to be inspired again, and partly because [livejournal.com profile] onthecount keeps drawing really lovely art for it. Anyway, when I post my next snippet, I'll do that here and include a glossary of important terms, possibly a list of scenes I intend to write, yada yada yada. If you haven't read Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series, but are a fan of vampire books in general, let me just say this: the VA books are a fun and different take on vampires, and if you make it past the truly appalling first 30pg of book one, you won't be disappointed. These books include strong female leads, Russian pet names, good vampires, bad vampires, intrigue, making mistakes and learning from them, magic, learning to trust your gut even when everyone else thinks you're crazy, and something else I know Inception fans will love, which is male and female BAMFs just BAMFing around like it's their job... because in these books, it legitimately is.
  • I just remembered why I never make list posts. I mean, how the heck do you end them?
  • Date: 4/2/11 10:52 pm (UTC)
    ext_559841: suspended on silver wings~ (THard TeeHee)
    From: [identity profile] shiroi-ten.livejournal.com
    If I pimped the ideas harder would you write the feelings(!) and Glee(!) stuff and the Dragonriders of Pern(!!!)(?) stuff AND THE PARROT.

    New paragraph FOR THE PARROT BECAUSE I made crazy noises when the parrot landed on him and TRIED TO MATE WITH HIM. Arthur would get all dimplefaced and Eames wouldn't know whether to keep the bird on for more dimple action or, you know, save himself from being cut by a birdie. asghskg Bird was denied. >.>

    8D *chinhands* for more actualfax fic you're writing. I need to go read those VA books. >:D

    rambling reply

    Date: 4/5/11 06:29 am (UTC)
    ext_62651: ((b)romance)
    From: [identity profile] abuseofreason.livejournal.com
    I will probably write something for Glee soon, because I absolutely adore Kurt and Blaine, I'm just not sure if it'll be that exact fic. I had the idea for a Darkover AU the other night, but that's not happening anytime soon. The forger/feelings fic is going to be on the back burner for a while, it needs to marinate. Maybe the parrot one though, because that's a one shot. I posted the Dragonriders fic to the AI meme in August, I think? There's another chunk that comes after that bit, and then I have utterly no idea what happens next. It's un-betaed and, if you're super familiar with Pern's mythology/timeline, it's kind of all over the place, but it wasn't meant to be a serious endeavor, just something short and fun in that universe.

    Ornithologist Arthur: he'll drop you in zero gravity and then go bird-watching.

    You really do, they're super fun! I can't emphasize that enough.

    Re: rambling reply

    Date: 4/7/11 02:36 am (UTC)
    ext_559841: suspended on silver wings~ (pwooosh)
    From: [identity profile] shiroi-ten.livejournal.com
    Thanks for all the status updates! Hahah I don't mind if they are a long time coming or short and fun. :) I don't have time to read much, but when I do I'll sneak over and brush up on the Dragonriders verse.

    They feel like a good stress relief read so I'm going to go snag them at the library asap.

    Expand Cut Tags

    No cut tags

    Profile

    abuseofreason: (Default)
    abuseofreason

    Style Credit

    Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 09:41 am
    Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
    February 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 2012